Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Monday, February 21, 2005

More FCC complaints

Good to know someone still has a sense of humor out there.

According to a report on Mediaweek.com, four people submitted complaints to the Federal Communications Commission – the broadcast regulator in the U.S. – following the broadcast.

Of those, two people complained that McCartney's performance wasn't racy enough.

The complainants said that the show put on by McCartney was boring and didn't entertain them.

I wish I had thought of this first. There's a long list of TV programs that I would like to complain about. For instance, my boyfriend was entertaining himself in a masochistic way yesterday by watching a show called "Voice of Virtue" with a strange woman interviewing a priest about how virtuous the church was to dodge responsibility for the child molestations committed by priests. He blamed movies and books--can I complain about this bullshit?

And while I'm at it, I would like to file a complaint against "Seventh Heaven" for giving me cavities.

I would also like to file a complaint against every new sitcom that has a fat, boorish husband paired with a foxy wife who is a saint amongst women. And have the writers' paychecks revoked for not even trying to do their job.

And I want to file a complaint against the Fox News Network for driving me to drink.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lanoire said...

LOL. There should definitely be an organized liberal/libertarian effort along these lines.

2/21/2005

 
Blogger Kyso K. said...

Reality TV. I want to be compenstated one extra minute of life for every minute that I have been aware of reality television. The exceptions would be Fear Factor and Road Rules, when the ratio jumps to 4 comp minutes for every minute wasted just knowing about these shows.

And I want compensation for pain and suffering for the summer of 2000, when my workplace did a morale-building Survivor knockoff that lasted several weeks. Seriously, I want a settlement so large that it has to be expressed using scientific notation. What was that new FCC fine cap again?

2/21/2005

 
Blogger WookieMonster said...

Amen Kyso K.! Reality TV sucks at my soul and I want vengence! Money would do nicely, but the death of RTV would be OK too...

I was subjected to the same torture in 2000, but I was only a lowly temp at the time, so I only had to observe the horror, not actively participate.

2/22/2005

 
Blogger Kazzrie said...

Calling ALL Affiliates!!
Now here is the deal of the month. Hurry ....only 24 places left for the Affiliate Bootbamp at FX Networking

10/21/2005

 
Blogger trade web links said...

HI,
I really agree with the complaint filed against the FCC. REally they are annoying.

Thanx,
topseofirms

1/29/2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home