Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

I guess I'm behind on the times

I didn't know they remade The Stepford Wives. I can't believe this got the greenlight. The original movie was a sort of woman's worst nightmare kind of horror movie--that worst fear being that all men want out of women are cunts who cook and that your entire personhood is just a burden on society. Yeah, it was way overblown, but it was a dark comedy. But maybe I'm reading it wrong.
I just can't believe that this kind of slap at the domestic pigeonhole for women could get made nowadays. Are we not living in a time where newsmagazines are on a regular schedule to put out at least one article every three months or so claiming that feminism is so over, that women want their babies young, are crawling all over themselves to prove that they can't wait to change their names, that they like quitting their jobs to be domestic goddesses, that they know that ambition in women ruins their sex lives?
I guess we'll see. They probably sucked the bite out of the original story or found a way to ultimately blame the murder/replacements on the female victims. Or who knows? Maybe it will be better than the original, a little more nuanced while still driving home the point that there is something deeply sick and wrong about the cult of domestic female perfection. The casting seems promising, at least. It has a good chance at being funnier than the original.
One way or another, we'll all probably get the pleasure of Kate Roiphe and Ann Coulter declaring that women only wish that they could be Stepford Wives.

13 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

We are trying to find good best comedy movie to take the kids this weekend. Good best comedy movie reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

10/02/2005

 
Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!

10/12/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog

Best Wishes

I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

10/16/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I research my automotive questions viper computer case

10/23/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about online survey jobs You should check it out sometime.

11/15/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow This is Deep..I know all of this sounds good but if you really want to change yourself or someone important to you. If you need motivation in your life. If You can say no to all this motivation...

I am changing the way I live today ..Think it and believe it.. You can Change Your Life and Start Living Your Dreams Today..http://lifedreams4u.com/s.pl

1/09/2006

 
Anonymous Debt Resources Services said...

Debt reduction can be done in many different ways. A recent method being used is to buy some debt reduction software.You can purchase debt reduction software online or at a computer software store. The software usually comes with a debt reduction calculator to help you decipher how quickly your debt will be paid off in accordance to your monthly balance payments. Similarly, there are also debt reduction books you can purchase at your local bookstore. The best route for help with debt reduction is to go see a credit counseller or a debt reduction counsellor.
If your site is of similar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many reputable debt management companies can help you deal with your debt problems. You can work with a credit counsellor to create your own plan to pay off bills.
debt help loan student
Debt Resources Services.

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online debt consolidation information is availiable through many internet sources that specialize in assisting many American households in managing or eliminating their outstanding debt.
bankruptcy
Debt Resources Services.

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous joel said...

If you struggle with bad credit, credit card debt, or are facing bankruptcy, our bankruptcy/dect counselling resources can help you understand your finances better and help you improve your financial standing.
Link to this site: debt help loan student
http://www.improved-credit.com

2/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative blog site
I have a website. It pretty much covers twin baby name related stuff.
Come and have a look if you get time.
twin baby name
Cheers for now :)

2/11/2006

 
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
trans union free credit report
It covers trans union free credit report related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

2/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very informative blog site
I have a website. It pretty much covers baby irish male name related stuff.
Come and have a look if you get time.
baby irish male name
Cheers for now :)

2/13/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home